Few things can derail your day quite like a headache, or worse - a migraine. Maybe you didn’t get your caffeine fix for the day. Or, maybe you had a late night out on the town and had a few too many drinks. But sometimes, there’s no real apparent reason for your headache. There’s a good chance it’s actually the result of magnesium deficiency.
That’s why today, we’re going to guide you through how to use magnesium spray for headaches to find fast relief. We’ll explain how a magnesium supplement can help, where to spray it, how much you should spray, and of course, which specific magnesium spray supplement is the right choice for you. But before we get into all that, let’s go over some of the most common causes of headaches and migraines in general.
Common Causes of Headaches/Migraines
If you’re currently suffering from a headache, you don’t really care what caused it - you just want relief! But it’s important to identify the underlying cause of your ailment so you can be proactive in your efforts to prevent it in the future. Here are some of the many common culprits for headache or migraine-related symptoms:
- Tension or stress: Emotional or physical stress can cause muscle tension in the head, neck, and shoulders, leading to tension headaches. If you’ve been carrying more weight on your shoulders than normal you’ll feel it in your head as well.
- Dehydration: Unfortunately, so many people are dehydrated as a result of not drinking enough quality water throughout the day. This can result in consistent headaches and if left untreated, severe migraines.
- Hunger: Skipping meals or not eating enough can cause low blood sugar, which can trigger headaches as well.
- Sinus problems: Sinus infections, allergies, or other nasal issues can cause headaches.
- Hormonal changes: Women may experience headaches due to hormonal changes during menstruation, pregnancy, or menopause.
- Environmental triggers: Certain smells, bright lights, loud noises, or weather changes can trigger headaches.
- Medications: Certain medications, such as blood pressure medications or oral contraceptives, can cause headaches as a side effect.
- Alcohol: Drinking alcohol can cause headaches, especially in those who are sensitive to it. We’re all too familiar with the painful effects of the dreaded hangover!
- Caffeine: Too much caffeine or sudden withdrawal from caffeine can cause headaches. Caffeine isn’t necessarily problematic, you just need to find the sweet spot for your daily intake.
- Medical conditions: Headaches can also be a symptom of underlying medical conditions, such as a concussion, brain tumor, or meningitis. If there is no other pinpoint cause for your headache, it’s worth visiting a doctor to rule this out.
With so many causes, it can be tough to narrow down a true singular contributing factor to your headache. The good news? No matter what is giving you grief, there is a solution for you.
Can You Use Magnesium Spray for Headache Relief?
As you may already know, yes - you can use magnesium spray for headache relief! As a matter of fact, pain management is one of the most common uses for magnesium spray.
And compared to oral magnesium supplementation, topical is far and away the best way to take magnesium supplements. You save your digestive system from many of the unpleasant side effects of oral magnesium supplementation while enjoying increased bioavailability - which means faster results and better bang for your buck.
How does it work, though? Once sprayed onto your skin, the magnesium works to minimize the symptoms of headaches by relaxing the muscles and blood vessels in the head and neck, reducing inflammation, and regulating neurotransmitter function in the brain. In addition, magnesium can help prevent future headaches by improving overall brain function and reducing stress levels, which are known triggers for many types of headaches - as discussed above.
What’s really unique about using magnesium spray though is that it doesn’t just provide immediate relief for headaches. Regular use of magnesium spray may also help prevent future headaches from occurring. This is because magnesium plays a critical role in the body's ability to manage stress, which is a common trigger for many types of headaches. By improving overall brain function and reducing stress levels, magnesium can help minimize the frequency and severity of headaches over time.
How Do I Use Magnesium Spray for Headaches?
Now that you know the power of magnesium for headache treatment, you’re eager to use it yourself. So, how do I use magnesium spray for headaches? We’ll guide you through the steps standing between you and relief below. But first, let’s talk about getting the right magnesium spray in the first place.
First, Get the Best Magnesium Spray
While there’s no denying the power of magnesium as it relates to headache relief, the results are contingent on the specific supplement you use. We probably don’t have to tell you that not all magnesium supplements are created equal.
First and foremost, you should consider the type of magnesium you use. There is magnesium citrate, oxide, chloride, lactate, malate, and seemingly countless others. However, the best way to achieve fast, effective relief from headaches is harnessing the benefits of magnesium chloride hexahydrate.
It’s the most bioavailable form of magnesium thanks to the extra water molecules, allowing for quick and easy absorption through the skin barrier. You can learn more about magnesium chloride hexahydarte vs magnesium chloride to see what makes this unique formulation so special. But for the most natural, potent, and pure form of this spray, you can look no further than Ease. Here are some results people like you have gotten using it…
“I love Ease! I use it in the morning after showering and in the evening before bedtime. I spray it on my neck and shoulders and it helps to reduce muscle tension in those areas, it also helps to reduce my tension headaches. I will continue to use this product.” - Coleen
“I had tried several other brands of magnesium oil and Ease is by far the best and most absorbable magnesium oil I have ever used. Please don’t ever discontinue or change this product's formulation because I swear by this product. It not only stops sinus headaches within minutes, but it also keeps my body from experiencing any post-workout muscle aches. Love this product!” - Lynn
“This not only helps me get much-needed magnesium but if I put this on my temples, neck, and forehead at the start of a headache it goes away without drugs. It's great for muscle aches and I think it helps me get a better night's sleep as well.” - Bonnie
Our topical magnesium spray for pain and other ailments is the result of a decade’s worth of research and development. We’ve created the most convenient approach to overcoming magnesium deficiency and treating a myriad of issues that come with it. Unlike other transdermal magnesium supplements, you won’t deal with a gross, greasy residue left behind on your skin - or any stinging, burning, or itching.
Just spray yourself and let the unique delivery system do the rest. You’ll achieve relief in as little as 90 seconds! But - where do you spray magnesium for migraines and headaches? Let’s take a look…
Where Do You Spray Magnesium for Migraines & Headaches?
You can absorb magnesium through the skin - but the question still remains where to actually apply it for migraines and headaches. This really depends on where exactly you’re feeling the pain in your head. Some tension headaches can start at the base of your neck and work their way up through your head. Other times, you’ll feel the pain around your temples or between your eyes.
Once you know where you want to spray the product, it’s just a matter of cleaning the area. This helps remove oils and impurities that could interfere with the magnesium’s uptake. After letting the region dry, try giving yourself a few spritzes.
If you’re having trouble spraying the specific area because you can’t reach it, you can spray the product into your hands and gently massage it into the affected area. This method can actually work wonders for uptake as you encourage the solution to absorb manually.
How Much Spray Do I Need for Headache Relief?
In general, we recommend you use up to 30-40 sprays of Ease a day. Think about it like this - keeping your magnesium stores topped off will not just help prevent future headaches from popping up, but your life will be improved in other ways. That includes less fatigue, better sleep, and less inflammation elsewhere in your body.
With that said, each “treatment” for headache relief in particular can consist of 5-10 sprays. If you are suffering from a particularly troublesome migraine, you may want to reapply the spray every few hours until relief occurs. From there, incorporate the spray into your daily regimen consistently to overcome magnesium deficiency once and for all.
Other Ways to Prevent or Treat Headaches & Related Symptoms
Before we wrap up this discussion, we want to leave you with a few more ways to treat or even prevent headaches and migraines. These techniques can all be used along with magnesium spray to supercharge the relief you find.
- Stay hydrated: As we mentioned earlier, dehydration is a common cause of headaches, so it's important to drink plenty of water throughout the day. Aim to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day, and more if you are exercising or in a hot environment. Beyond the quantity of water you intake, consider quality. Some water can end up dehydrating you further as it's been stripped of key electrolytes. Stick with purified spring water!
- Manage stress: Similarly, stress is a major contributor to headaches, so finding ways to manage it can be helpful in preventing headaches. This can include practicing relaxation techniques like deep breathing, meditation, or yoga, and making time for self-care activities like taking a bath, reading a book, or spending time in nature.
- Improve your sleep habits: Poor sleep can also trigger headaches, so it's important to prioritize healthy sleep habits. Aim to get 7-8 hours of sleep each night, and establish a regular sleep routine by going to bed and waking up at the same time each day. Fortunately, improved sleep will be another byproduct of using magnesium spray - two birds with one stone!
- Eat a healthy diet: It’s important to maintain a healthy diet and avoid foods that are high in sugar, processed foods, and artificial sweeteners, as well as foods that contain nitrates or MSG. These are known for contributing to headaches. Instead, build your diet around eating whole, nutrient-dense foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins.
- Exercise regularly: Regular exercise can help to reduce stress and improve circulation, which can help to prevent headaches. Aim to get at least 30 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise most days of the week, such as brisk walking, cycling, or swimming.
- Use essential oils: Essential oils like lavender, peppermint, and eucalyptus can be helpful in reducing headache symptoms. Apply a few drops of essential oil to your temples or forehead, or add them to a diffuser to inhale the aroma after you’ve used your magnesium spray to enhance the healing capabilities of this powerful mineral.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture is an ancient Chinese therapy that involves inserting thin needles into specific points on the body. It has been shown to be effective in reducing the frequency and severity of headaches in some people - if you’re desperate and willing to try anything, it could be worth looking into!
Parting Thoughts on Using Magnesium Spray for Headaches
As you can see, using magnesium spray for headaches is an effective way to treat - and even prevent - this unpleasant ailment. While headaches can greatly interfere with you getting work done or even just enjoying your life, they don’t have to be a problem you put up with any longer.
At this point, the only thing left for you to do is head over to Activation Products and get the best magnesium spray supplement so you can enjoy fast, long-lasting relief from headaches and migraines. We also offer other powerful healing products, including iodine spray, corriander oil, ionic ocean minerals, and a whole lot more.
You don’t have to let a pounding head prevent you from getting stuff done throughout the day and living life as it was intended. With the best magnesium spray for headaches, you can feel better fast!